A few weeks ago I was looking for a simple, delicious cocktail recipe to make at home decided on a Blackberry Whiskey Lemonade to try. It was refreshing, strong, slightly sour and sweet. It pairs perfectly with just about anything. While lemonade is the go-to summer drink, I think a good whiskey drink is still perfect as we transition to fall. Give it shot and let me know how you like it! Cheers!
The below recipe fills up about 1 mason jar
- 5 ounces of whiskey
- 5 ounces of lemonade
- 3.5 ounces of blackberry simple syrup (to make homemade Blackberry syrup read below)
- 1 large rosemary sprig (optional)
Directions in making Blackberry simple syrup:
- Combine small carton of Blackberries with 1/4 cup of sugar and 1/4 cup of water in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until blackberries have fallen apart and sauce has thickened.
- Strain syrup through a fine mesh sieve to separate any blackberry seeds from the syrup.
- Let syrup cool and thicken in the fridge for about 20-30 minutes.
Directions for making the Cocktail:
- In a shaker add: Ice, whiskey, lemon juice and simple syrup
- Shake ingredients together in shaker and strain into mason jar (add ice to your mason jar if desired)
- Add a rosemary spring and a couple of left over blackberries and enjoy!
TIPS: Modify cocktail ingredients as desired. I like my drinks quite stiff, so you can adjust accordingly to your liking. Regular lemonade can be replaced for lemon juice, but you’ll need to decrease the amount of blackberry simple syrup used or it will be too sweet.