So I have just recently discovered this delicious recipe hack and I just had to share, because who doesn’t love donuts?! I mean they’ve really become all the rage lately, I’m glad, because they’re less high-maintenance than the popular macaroon. Clearly, I’m #TeamDonut, but I digress.
Below is the recipe to make easy-peasy, 5-minute no-bake cinnamon & sugar donuts. Prepare to be amazed! The secret? You’ll be using a can of biscuits, yup – ultimate hack and yup, they’re delicious.
- 1 Can of Biscuits (regular biscuits, not the flaky biscuits)
- 3-4 Tbs of melted Butter
- Vegetable or Canola Oil (Use an oil you prefer to fry in)
- Cinnamon & Sugar
- Open the can of biscuits and separate them (I placed them down on wax paper).
- With a small cookie-cutter or slim shot glass (which is what I used), cut out the middle hole.
- Save the middle parts to make doughnut holes. The donuts holes are also the best way to taste test the donuts and test how hot the cooking oil is.
- In a pan, pour cooking oil – about 1/2 an inch deep and heat it up on medium heat.
- Use the doughnut holes to test the oil, place them in the pan and turn after a 20-30 seconds or so – these cook very fast! Keep your eyes on them and turn over just once.
- Both sides should be a nice brown color, remove from pan and place on top of paper towels to dry off.
- As donuts are drying off, melt butter and brush donuts lightly.
- On a flat plate, add the cinnamon and sugar mixture and coat each side of the doughnut to your liking.
And that’s it, it’s so simple! They cook so easily and they’re delicious. You can always coat them in chocolate, add sprinkles or go crazy decorating them.
Hope you try this and enjoy!
TIPS: Be sure to use tongs when turning over the donuts. Be cautious when pouring cooking oil, you don’t want your doughnut to be soaked in cooking oil. Use doughnut holes to taste test donuts, how cooked they are, how much cinnamon & sugar you like etc.