My husband loves a good lobster roll and I have come up with a pretty simple recipe that packs a unique flavor to an old tradition. When it comes to seafood, less is often better. You mostly need fresh veggies and butter really, but I always like to add a little something extra. I’ve taken this recipe and made it my own. Below is my interpretation, hope you try it out one evening!
- 4 Lobster tails (Depending on how large the tails are, I often buy two lobster tails per person. Two lobster tails will fill one large bun.)
- 1 cup of Mayonnaise
- 1 Celery stalk finely chopped
- 1/2 Green Onion finely chopped
- 1 tbs of Lemon juice
- 1 tsp of Hot Sauce (I prefer Tapatio which adds a tangy punch)
- Salt & Pepper
- Lettuce (optional)
- Hot Dog Buns (I highly recommend Trader Joe’s pretzel buns, so delicious!)
- In a pot, bring water to a boil and add lobster.
- Lobster will cook in 8-10 minutes. Lobsters should be bright red when cooked, do not overcook.
- Remove lobsters and place in ice cold water.
- In a small bowl, combine mayo, celery, green onion, lemon juice, hot sauce and add salt and pepper.
- Remove lobsters from ice, dry and remove lobster meat. Cut lobster meat in to bite size cubes.
- Add lobster meat to mixture and season with a little paprika.
- Heat hot dog buns in a pan on the stove with butter until they’re slightly golden brown.
- Remove buns and add romaine lettuce (optional) and stuff with lobster mixture.
The hot sauce, lemon juice and paprika take the lobster up a notch, making it very tasty.
Hope you try this and enjoy!
TIPS: Here’s a great video on how to cut up lobster tails.