While I love cooking, I don’t always have the time or energy to cook a full dinner during the weekday. So in efforts to cut down on cooking time and overspending on ordering out, I’ve been cooking ahead to make meals that last us for a couple days. I’ve been mixing things up and one of my favorite new recipes is this simple, delicious pasta salad. While it’s easy to make, it’s full of flavorful and anything but the typical boring pasta salad (hence the name).
Give it a try, I’m sure you’ll love it!
- 1/2 box of cooked pasta (I love macaroni or rotini)
- 1/2 of a large tomato
- 1/4 of a red onion finely chopped
- 1/2 cup of chopped mushrooms
- 1/2 cup of chopped salami
- 1 cup of cubed Monterrey Jack
- 1/2 cup of chopped artichoke hearts (about 2 large artichokes)
- Italian salad dressing (I like the Wishbone brand)
- Dried Parsley
- If you’re cooking artichokes, this video is super helpful. Once your artichoke heart is chopped up, set aside.
- In a large pot, cook pasta until al dente.
- While pasta is cooking, chop all other ingredients (tomato, red onion, mushrooms, salami and cheese and set aside.
- Drain pasta and place pasta in a large bowl and begin to add chopped ingredients.
- Mix ingredients in bowl and pour Italian dressing. Amount of dressing is preference, but I would say about 1/4 of a cup. Don’t over due the dressing. Be sure to mix.
- Add dried parsley flakes and mix.
- Cover with plastic wrap or foil and place in the refrigerator until ready to eat (1hr or 2hrs).