As you may know, I love simple desserts. So when I read about this cake recipe below, I knew I had to try it and sure enough it was delicious and so easy. While this cake recipe does require baking, there really isn’t much to it after that. All you need are two ingredients and some extra fruit or jam to top off, both of which aren’t really necessary as the cake taste delicious as-is. This is a very light dessert, fluffy, tasty and simple. You really can’t go wrong. Hope you try it!
- 1 can of Crushed Pineapples
- 1 box of Angel Food Cake
- Strawberry Jam for garnish (optional)
- Strawberries for garnish (optional)
- Pineapple rings for garnish (optional)
- In a mixing bowl pour Angel Food Cake Flour and the 1 can of crushed pineapple
- Mix ingredients together with a mixing spoon. Note that the mix will start to get a bit foamy, just make sure to mix everything together and you’re set.
- Be sure to use large baking pans as instructed on the cake box.
- Pour mixture onto baking pan and bake as instructed on box.
- Once top is brown, be sure to use a toothpick to check to see if the cake is ready (clean toothpick = done!).
- Let cake cool & serve.
- The cake tastes delicious as-is, but if you’d like to garnish it, I added a thin layer of strawberry jam, some fresh strawberries and some pineapple. You can also add some cool-whip if you’d like.
TIPS: Be sure to use larger baking pans as instructed on the cake box. If you decide to add jam or any spread, be sure it’s a very thin layer, angel food cake does a great job at absorbing the jam so you really only need very little.